Interested in booking a photography session for your family or your little one? Here are answers to some of most frequently asked questions for all the different types of sessions we offer.
What is a Storybook Session?
- Do you end up with the same family photos year after year? Our Storybook Sessions are seasonal photo shoots, complete with themed backdrops and props. We create an environment that lets the whole family participate in the activities while we capture all those natural interactions and moments. Examples of Storybook Session themes include: lemonade stand, teepee tent, back to school, bedtime stories in the woods, Easter, and more.
How do I book a Storybook Session?
- Select the date and theme you are interested in. (Reminder: Limited spots are available on each date, so book early)
- October 21st, 2017 – Safari Expedition
- October 28th, 2017 – Hot Cocoa Stand
- $300 deposit is required to reserve your date and time slot.
- Contact us with a timeframe which you are available. We will do our best to match that to available time slots.
What should we wear for the day of the shoot?
- COORDINATED – This doesn’t mean everyone should wear the exact same outfit. Instead, look for matching patterns and complementary colors.
- WARMTH – Check the weather if your shoot will be outdoors. Temperatures will vary for morning vs. afternoon sessions as well.
- LAYERS – This is a great way to keep everyone warm, and a bonus is that we can create different looks by adding/removing layers.
- STYLE – If you are doing a Storybook Session, we will be shooting at a public park with lots of greenery and redwoods. Casual and fun will likely match the scenery best.
- COLORS – (recommendation only) brown, red, khaki, white/cream, gray
The day is here, how do we prepare?
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your session.
- Bring snacks to keep everyone energized, especially if your session is around meal time.
- For very young children, bring their favorite toys/books – keeping them occupied will provide a greater sense of security in an unfamiliar environment.
We just had our photo session, what’s next?
- Watch for an email from us to schedule your studio reveal session. (If you haven’t received it within a week of session, contact us.)
- Studio reveal sessions are available starting 10 business days after your photo shoot.
- During the studio reveal session, you will be able to view all the photos from your session and select from pre-printed highlight photos. You will also have an opportunity to browse and select a variety of other products and order additional prints or albums.
Where is your studio?
- Our photography studio is located in Mountain View, California near Highway 101.
Olio Style Studio
2224 Old Middlefield Way, Suite B
Mountain View, CA 94040